Many homes already are equipped with 110VAC or battery-operated smoke detectors/fire alarms.
The only problem is that these will burn with your home and valuables if you are not home to hear them activate in case of an emergency. SMG can install a system to protect all of your valuables, families, and home with 24 hour-per-day coverage—our fire alarms in Chicago are invaluable to a residence. Make sure you are aware of what causes fires and how harmful they are.
- On average, candles caused 15,800 home fires from 2002 to 2005
- Cooking-related incidents were the No. 1 cause of 2006 residential fires
- Power areas that are overloaded with double adapter plugs can cause a fire from overuse of electricity, especially with electrical appliances
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, in 2006:
- 3,245 civilians died because of a fire
- 16,400 civilians were injured because of a fire
- Fires killed more Americans than all the natural disasters combined
- Direct property loss due to fires was estimated at $11.3 billion, a 15 percent increase from 2004
Who Is At Risk?
- Children and adults age 65 and older are twice as likely to die in a fire as the average adult, but fires are dangerous for everyone
The Importance Of Working Smoke Alarms
- Fire deaths have been cut in half since smoke alarms were introduced in the late 1970s
- An estimated 95 percent of U.S. homes have at least one smoke alarm
- Two-thirds of reported residential fire deaths occurred in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms
- Fire death rates in homes with working smoke alarms are 51 percent lower than the death rate for homes without a smoke alarm protection
- An estimated 20 percent of U.S. homes do not have working smoke & fire alarms, primarily because of missing or dead batteries
- Almost 900 lives could be saved each year if all homes had working smoke alarms
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon monoxide is a silent deadly killer. Installing carbon monoxide detectors outside of sleeping areas can save lives.
If you have any questions about our fire alarms in Chicago, call us at 847.592.0999 today to talk to our sales and service teams. SMG Security can install a fire alarm and carbon monoxide alarm to protect you and your family while you’re in the house at any time of day or night.